15 Şubat 2013 Cuma

Friday Feature...The Secret Formula for Homemade Pastel Surfaces

To contact us Click HERE
'Winter Aspens'          8x10        pastel       ©Karen Margulis
click here to purchase
 It has been a fun week in my studio. I've been making a mess trying several recipes for homemade pastel surfaces. I really enjoy painting on a homemade surface....the texture and the excitement of the random brushstrokes make it fun to work on.   I love the control I have over the outcome when I make these surfaces. I can have smooth or canvas like marks or rough and crazy marks!  But I don't enjoy taking the time to prepare them....or the mess.

Ingredients for a homemade pastel surface...pumice and gesso
I have a solution!  I was so excited to discover that clear gesso makes an excellent ground for pastel. Right out of the jar....no mess, no fuss and with the benefits of other homemade surfaces.

The secret formula!  Clear Gesso 
I'll be talking about using clear gesso for pastels on today's Friday Feature You Tube video. I'd love for you to tune in for more information. If you would like to comment after the video with your email I'll send you a handout with the recipes for the pastel surfaces I've experimented with!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder