21 Eylül 2012 Cuma

SciFund Day 7

It is day seven of the SciFund challenge and we are entering the marathon portion of the month. My project is still around 1/3 of the way to my goal after some generous donations from some family, some colleagues, and some folks I've never even met.
Part of being a scientist that communicates with the public is challenging some common stereotypes, such as:
I wear a white lab coat to work everyday, have crazy white hair, and laugh maniacally when I get an experiment to work.
I have no personal skills.
I only talk to other scientists and only speak in a foreign language of scientific jargon.

In reality, scientists are an extremely diverse group of individuals who all share a passion for asking "why?"
Check out this video from SciFund that introduces the scientists who want to share their work with the world.
 

 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder